The information that we collect
All services (including various other activities) of Discovery Church are recorded and at times photographed. Images of the people attending or participating in the service (or other activity) may be used and shown on our website, service DVD’s, resources and for other promotional purposes and commercial activities. By attending any service (or other activity) you agree to Discovery Church using your image and personal information in these recordings and photos.
In general, the personal information Discovery Church collects includes (but is not limited to) name, address, contact details, and, where relevant, financial information, including credit card information, and banking details.
We store the personal information you enter in our Discovery Church database. We obtain most personal information through the Kingdom Tools website/login site (which is) registration process and updates to contact details.
The information collected may include some sensitive information (as defined by the Privacy Act), such as health information or information about your beliefs, relevant to the services or assistance you have requested from the Church.
You may provide information when you request or acquire a product or service from the site discoverychurch.com.au complete a survey or questionnaire, register for conferences or events, participate in forums or Church activities or complete other forms, enter a competition, or when you communicate with the site discoverychurch.com.au by e-mail, telephone or in writing (for example if you contact customer service or provide feedback).
Indirect collection: the site discoverychurch.com.au endeavours to collect personal information about an individual only from that individual. In some circumstances the site discoverychurch.com.au may obtain personal information from a third party. If you provide personal information about another person to the site discoverychurch.com.au the site discoverychurch.com.au requires that you inform that person you have done so and provide them with a copy of this policy.
Where practicable, the purpose for which we collect personal information will be made clear at the time of collection. If you do not provide us with certain information we may be unable to provide you with access to some of our services or the assistance you have requested.
Users can generally visit the Church website without revealing who they are or other personal information unless they log on, place an order or register with us. The Church will not collect any personal information about visitors to the website except when they knowingly provide it.
In the interests of security and safety, and the comfort of the Church community, the Church also operates video cameras within and around some Church premises.
How we use your information
Primary Purpose: To enable the church to function efficiently and effectively and to assist the Church in community activities.
- We also state we will generally only use and disclose personal information as follows:
- To establish and maintain your involvement with the church, including providing newsletters.
- To provide products or services you have requested from the Church.
- To answer your enquiry.
- To register for events, conferences or promotions.
- To assist the Church to make our sites, services and products more valuable to our community.
- For direct promotion of products or services, and to keep people informed of new developments we believe may be of interest to you.
- With third parties who are to assist us to operate the Church and provide the products or services you have requested.
- With different parts of the Church to enable the development and promotion of other products and services and to improve our general ability to assist Church attendees and the wider community.
Access your information
- Request access to their personal information that the church holds about you by contacting the Business Manager on 9736 2323 or by mail to PO Box 411 Mt Evelyn, Vic 3796. You will need to verify your identify and specify what information you require. Discovery Church may charge a fee to cover costs incurred to provide the information.
- Contact us if they wish to change any information.
- We will take reasonable steps to correct any information.
- We will delete personal information when requested wherever practical to do so.
- We may refuse requests for access to, to amend or delete information in certain circumstances, however will provide a reason why, and note on your record that you disputed its accuracy.
- The church will take reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information.
- We state that the internet is not secure, and we can not accept responsibility for security of information received this way.
Third party links and advertising
Hyperlinks and pointers to websites operated by third parties will appear on the site discoverychurch.com.au from time to time. These websites do not form part of Discovery Church and are not under the control of the site discoverychurch.com.au or its related bodies corporate and neither the site discoverychurch.com.au nor its related bodies corporate have any responsibility for the contents of any such hyperlink or linked website. If you link to any such websites you leave the site discoverychurch.com.au and do so entirely at your own risk.
The site discoverychurch.com.au may display third party hyperlinks and pointers. The display of such hyperlinks and pointers does not in any way imply a recommendation or endorsement by the site discoverychurch.com.au or its related bodies corporate of the relevant website, its products or services or any such linked website.
If you contact a third party using functionality provided on the site www.discovery.com.au including via e-mail, the site discoverychurch.com.au accepts no responsibility for any actions taken by that third party in response to your communication or for any transactions entered into between you and the relevant third party.